Monday 19 July 2010

Simplify Your Life Week Coming up

It is 'Simplify your life' week in a few weeks so I thought it would be a good idea to plant the seed of how you might be able to simplify your life. In the Organizing field that usually means getting rid of excess clutter in your life, which most of us have a fair deal of.

You can imagine I conduct fairly regulalr clutter culls in my house, but I still can't quite believe how quickly the clutter accumulated between each such cull. It can creep up on you mighty quickly if you are not careful.

Even if you de-clutter a drawer or cupboard it is something and is a step in the right Organizing direction! If you manage to get more done - good for you. It depends on how busy you are, your motivations levels, your personality - all kinds of things so I know it's not EASY for everyone...

That said there are other ways you can simplify your life that don't have to do with clutter and organizing your life. You can simplify your life by not stretching your self so thin and taking on board too many things. Learning to say "No sorry I can't help with that right now", or "Sorry I have too much on my plate at the moment", can help you slow down just enough to catch your breath and perhaps do something you have been meaning to do for ages that will otherwise never get done. It's all about priorities and putting your own needs higher than what they probably are. You deserve some you time too. Not necessarily to get a massage but just to have 1/2 an hour to yourself to reflect and get clear on where you are and where you are heading.

I will be consciously simplifying my life over this time and hope that you do too.

Happy Organizing,
Claire McFee Creator Organize Your Life Organizers

No comments: