Here are some impressive stats for you, showing we really do care about the future of our planet. Well done World!
- Around 55% (309) of Australia's local councils committed to Earth Hour, demonstrating strong regional support across the country
- All Australian capital cities participated in Earth Hour
- 99 of the ASX100 companies registered their participation
- Australia's major icons switched off: the Opera House and Harbour Bridge (Sydney), St Kilda's Luna Park and Flinders Street Station (Melbourne), Story Bridge (Brisbane), Parliament House (Canberra), WA State Memorial (Perth), Rundle Mall Lantern (Adelaide).
- Key achievements of Earth Hour 2009 internationally:
3929 cities, towns and municipalities in 88 countries across the globe
70 national capitals participated
18 out of 20 G20 countries took part 9 out of 10 of the world's most populated cities switched off
- The world's most famous landmarks went dark: the Pyramids and the Sphinx (Egypt), Eiffel Tower (France), Vatican (Italy), Acropolis (Greece), Big Ben (UK), the Las Vegas Strip and Empire State Building (USA), Christ the Redeemer (Brazil), Bird's Nest (China) and the Petronas Twin Towers (Malaysia).
In other exciting world news forwarded to me by a colleague "The Evolutionary Leaders Counsel has been asked by the Obama administration to offer information on what is taking place on the planet and how we can change it. They requested a signed petition offering information on how many people are in favour of the changes suggested. Please read the information below that was submitted to the Obama administration.
If you agree with it click the following link where you will be able to sign the petition. I have! Go Obama! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/248704259