Wednesday 3 June 2009

Organizing more Exercise for better Fitness in Your Life

Since reaching 30 several years ago my bodies metabolism certainly changed gear - unfortunately downwards and I have had to really start watching what I was eating and drinking, as well as organizing more exercise into my routine.

I am pleased to say that I now regularly organize a game of tennis with friends; attend Pilate's once a week; go to the gym once a week and do the odd walk around town in my weighted runners - temporarily adding an extra ~ 2.5 kilos to my weight - and therefore does wonders for my legs and butt!

Women's Health and fitness is really important, especially as we get older. So if you are like me - perhaps you should look at organizing a bit more exercise into your lifestyle. The benefits to your fitness and longevity are enormous - and your partner will love you for it too. If you would like to read more about Exercise and Fitness and how to incorporate it into your life you may enjoy reading my article '7 Top fitness and Exercise Tips'

Happy Fitness & Exercising Organizing - Remember it ALL related!

Here is a snippet below...


7 Top Fitness & Exercise Tips

Do you want to get fit, or get fitter? We all know keeping fit is good for us in more ways than just the ‘physical’, yet we often do not take it seriously enough to incorporate more exercise into our daily lives. I know I fitted into this category for a long time. My wakeup call was probably when I turned thirty and my metabolism decided to go half as slow as it used to. I seriously thought the clothes dryer was shrinking my jeans a bit more than usual for a while, until I bought my first pair of scales and weighed myself. I now am much more careful about what I eat and fitting more exercise into my routine to keep myself fit. Here are 7 great tips on how to be effective when it comes to your fitness:



1. Choose a Fitness Program that suits you

Everyone is different. So take your body limitations and personality into account when making this decision. You may have some medical issues that make some fitness programs unsuitable for you. Yoga is a great way to improve muscle tone, core strength and flexibility, without feeling like you have run a marathon at the end of the session! Pilates is another great modality, which I have been doing for quite a while now and love. Alternatively, a boot style camp may suit you if you thrive on working as a group, with a strict leader telling you what to do.

2. Set realistic targets

If a bit of weight has crept up on you and you need to lose say 5 or more kilos, you need to be realistic about how long it will take to lose. Just like clutter in your life – It didn’t get there over night so won’t disappear overnight. Cutting out all your favourite foods for example and all of a sudden training 4 times a week may be too much too soon, and at the end of the day may make it harder for you to incorporate into your lifestyle. Baby steps usually work best, so you can get used to your new routine and habits, without it being too much of a shock to the system.

3. Concentrate on Exercising your muscles

A combination of cardio workout as well as strength building is recommended by professionals. If you hate one or the other remember something is better than nothing! YOU may surprise yourself. I know I have in the past. My gym instructor would try to get me to add more weights to my training circuit which I resisted for a while. Then all of a sudden what I was doing was too easy and I really wanted to do more, then it became self motivating. Wow look how far I have come kind of thing. Just remember that it’s not all in the scales. When you regularly workout, you will develop more muscles while losing fat at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the scales may not look like you have not lost much weight. It’s more about the shape of your body and how much better your clothes fit you. So don’t focus on the numbers too much. Ask what exercises work best for certain parts of your body.

'7 Top fitness and Exercise Tips'

No comments: