Sunday 2 August 2009

Organize Your Body to Get Pregnant

For many of us, getting pregnant doesn't just 'happen' and can be a hugely draining and emotional time with possilbe miscarriages, the stress of 'unknown' reasons for failing to fall pregnant and possibly the roller coaster of IVF.

Although my husband and I didn't have to go down the IVF route, I had a couple of miscarriages and it took quite a while to fall pregnant both times. We have two healthy children now - a Girl and a Boy - 10 and 7 after our up's and down's.

My heart goes out to those of you who are in the midst of fertility problems or have had to give up the dream altogether. I read an article on this topic recently called "In the nick of time" by Jacinta Tynan and one of the things covered (as hard as it may be to hear) that if you can not get pregnant, how important it is to "Try not to focus on having a baby as the only thing in your life. Have other things in your life to look forward to, and focus on areas that give you fulfilment. It is possible to be happy without that longed-for child. Of course it's difficult to get to that place but it is possible."

I know this isn't the case for everyone but for many women, 'stressing' about not being able to conceive is a major reason preventing you from being able to fall pregnant. I was certainly wound up with temperature takings, ovulation 'signs' I couldn't make sense of etc. When things just weren't 'happening' I decided I needed to forget about 'trying' to get pregnant so hard and take a more relaxed approach and in both cases (3 years apart) this was when I actually fell pregnant. Something worth considering?? Stress levels certainly do have an effect on our hormones and everything else in our bodies.

One thing that surprises me is the lack of information passed onto women having trouble getting pregnant in terms of things they can do, to increase their chances of getting pregnant. To read more about the sorts of things you can try that may well increase the odds of falling pregnant, then go to this article. "Organize Your Body to get pregnant."

Good luck.

Claire McFee
Organize Your Life Organizers

No comments: